Dialogue

• April 23Dialogue meets every Day 4 during lunch in room L313 - all are welcome!

• April 23The Dialogue app is now available in the Google Play and Apple App Stores! Download it today!

Jonas Brothers Make a Huge Comeback

Gianna Scalia, Writer

After a six year hiatus, the Jonas Brothers are back and better than ever. The newly reunited band dropped their first song and music video on Friday March 1st at 12 am, called “Sucker.” While the song is a major hit with their fandom, the music video also creates perfect pairing. The video stars Nick’s wife Priyanka Chopra, Kevin’s wife Danielle Jonas, and Joe’s fiancee Sophie Turner, and of course the three brothers in a set with an Alice in Wonderland vibe.  

Image result for jonas brothersThe band first came across the idea of getting back together while filming a documentary about the trios lives, starting with their early years and their transition to fame. This sparked a nostalgic feeling among the brothers. “We started to realize that there was a magic that we felt like we were missing,” Nick announces in an interview. The three then decided to play around with some lyrics and melodies and realized it was time to make a come back, for themselves and for their faithful fans.

Songs from their past albums often resembled a love story and their new song continues with that same theme. This time instead of writing the lyrics to a high school crush, the lyrics are for their wives. The evolution that the six years provided, gave them the ability to experience the growth, emotionally and mentally, that was needed in order for their band to succeed. As Nick, Kevin, and Joe were able to go on with their lives after splitting, their fans were forced to do so as well. The artists and their fan were able to mature during the time off, causing their music to mature, giving them a wider range for their listeners. “Sucker” can be enjoyed by anyone of any age due to the catchy lyrics and beat that makes you want to dance.