Dialogue

• April 23Dialogue meets every Day 4 during lunch in room L313 - all are welcome!

• April 23The Dialogue app is now available in the Google Play and Apple App Stores! Download it today!

In Anticipation of Avengers: End Game

Back to Article
Back to Article

In Anticipation of Avengers: End Game

Ana Dzunova, Writer

The most anticipated movie of the year so far, Avengers: Endgame, has finally been released bringing a remarkable ten year journey to a close. For the past ten years, Marvel Comic superheroes have come together to defeat any threats that have come to Earth. Iron Man, played by Robert Downey Jr., was the first Avengers superhero introduced but more would be introduced through a various amount of series: Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow, and Spider-Man.

The first Avengers movie was released in 2012 bringing every character together except Spider Man who was technically introduced to the Avengers crew in Avengers: Infinity War. Loki, Thor’s half brother, planned an attack on New York City who would be faced with the Avengers trying to defeat him and bring safety to the city. The  second movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, was released in 2015 and focused on the enemy, Ultron. Ultron was accidentally created by Tony Stark (Iron Man) who hacked Jarvis’s system in which he would steal all files Tony held. The Avengers once again must come together in the city of Sokovia to save not only the city, but the entire planet.

In 2017, Avengers: Infinity War was released and brought tens of others superheroes from other Marvel Comics together. For example, the Black Panther, Wanda, Vision, Spider-Man, War Machine/Iron Patriot, Falcon, Dr. Strange, Buckey, and the Guardian of the Galaxy heroes were all highly present in the film. Thanos, the biggest and baddest threat that the universe has had to face, has come to power. He searched for the six Infinity Stones that are found all around each galaxy: Power, Space, Reality, Time, Mind, and Soul. If Thanos collects all six stones, with just the snap of his fingers, he could decimate the entire world in a second. The Avengers and all heroes must come together to attempt to stop Thanos before it’s too late. However, even with all the sacrifice and pain each hero put into the fight, they somehow still come up short: Thanos snaps his fingers and slowly everyone’s most beloved characters begin to fade away.

Memes such as “I don’t feel so good” came alive instantly after the movie. Fans went through emotional rollercoasters as they went from happy, excited, upset, stressed, nervous, confused, and more. There were many questions, but the question that left people wondering the most after they left the movie theater distraught was: “What happens now?” Avengers: Endgame will answer all of these questions.

The wait is finally over. Questions will be answered. Fans have been dressing up as their favorite characters and have been waiting on line for hours just to get a seat in the movie theater. In just its first day internationally, the Avengers: Endgame box office has earned $169 million. Sources project that it will earn $1 billion dollars in the first week. While most fans want to see it to see their characters in action again and for their questions to be answered, they don’t want to see it come to an end.

I dreadfully cannot see the movie until a week after its release and have urged people not to spoil it. Everyone who I have talked to has rated it a 8/10 or above which makes me even more excited to see what the Russo Brothers and the cast have put into the film. It’s been a long and exciting journey for the past ten years, but now we are at the end. Wishing good luck to anyone seeing the film this weekend and my best advice I can give is: do not go to the bathroom.