Insight on 2020 Cranford Golf

Dean Manfra Jr, Writer

The upcoming 2020 season for the boys golf team looks promising. As many seniors from last year have moved on to college, they’ve lost a lot of talent. However, there still remains 3 players from last year who can lead the team to victory. Dean Manfra, Mike Schneider, and Elliot Parker were three players who played on varsity golf for Cranford last year and look forward to continuing their dominance. 

As the fall golf season approaches, the Cranford golf team uses this early season to practice. They have matches every week as they play against multiple towns and compete for prizes. The fall schedule runs through November and concludes with a countywide tournament where all towns from Union county compete.

Image result for golf

The teams’ expectations for the upcoming season look bright as a couple of freshmen are expected to play for the varsity. Coach Ray is also optimistic about the new comers, as they bring a lot of talent to the team. The spring season begins in March as Cranford holds their team meetings in preparation for the matchups. Their first match is usually against Westfield, who is their rival every year. Both Cranford and Westfield lost many seniors who went on to college so this year will be a different matchup between the two teams. 

To be honest, this upcoming season is unpredictable, but that’s usually every upcoming season. With the star power of Dean Manfra, Mike Schneider, Elliot Parker and newcomers, the 2020 Cranford golf season looks promising.