CHS Senior Fashion is an Annual Tradition That Can’t be Missed

Back to Article
Back to Article

Dan Gomez, Writer

The Fashion Show is an annual event  at Cranford High School that helps raise money for the senior prom in June. Seniors choose their own groups and choreograph a dance to perform on stage in a selection of prom tuxedos and dresses generously provided by several companies.

Their performances are right after the walkout of the students to introduce the students participating in the fashion show. Additionally, there are big group performances such as the all-girls dance, the all-guys dance, and the finale in which every senior in the fashion show participates. For these bigger dances, there are professional choreographers that teach and practice with all of the students. And the cherry on top is that Mr. Sorrentino and Mr. Rafaniello co-host the event, slinging one-liners at one another all evening.

The purpose of the fashion show is all for the senior class. It is an event that the seniors can participate in to continue to make the best out of their last year of high school and adds new memories for the seniors  to cherish in their last year of high school. Every senior should participate in the Fashion Show. I joined with a group of friends, but learned that there were too many of us to be together in one group. Later, we realized that it doesn’t matter as much who is in your group; during every rehearsal and the actual performance, everyone is going to be together. The only time the groups separate is when they have to practice dancing with their group.

For future seniors who think that they aren’t good enough dancers to join the fashion show: the dances aren’t supposed to be complex and really good. The dance for my group and many other groups featured very simple and fun dance moves. Remember, the main idea of the fashion show is to have fun! The purpose is not to see who is best dancer but just to have fun with friends and classmates. Another benefit in the fashion show is that you are given a suit/dress for the day of the performance which you can also choose to rent for prom instead of having to buy or rent a more expensive suit that you are not familiar with. I had an amazing time during the fashion show rehearsals and the day of the show. Many people were not able to attend every single rehearsal which was completely understandable. As long as you are familiar with the dances for the day of the performance, you’ll be fine. I highly recommend every future senior gather as many friends as possible and join the fashion show because it is basically just all of your friends and classmates hanging out together having fun, and raising money for your prom.