Dialogue

• April 23Dialogue meets every Day 4 during lunch in room L313 - all are welcome!

• April 23The Dialogue app is now available in the Google Play and Apple App Stores! Download it today!

Finding Happiness

Back to Article
Back to Article

Finding Happiness

Seann Pena, Writer

I believe that everyone deserves to be happy. Even if it seems nothing to be happy about everyone should dig deep down and find a reason to be happy.  I believe that even faking a smile will be able to make your mood rise.

Since I was younger, I have always been a happy person, and it has gotten me so far in life. Being a happy person can brighten not only my  day, but also the people that I interact with. Since I was 5 years-old, I danced and flipped around my house, and my parents knew that I was a happy person w. Growing up in Cranford, I didn’t realize how fortunate I was, and that not everyone lived like I did.

As I  grow up, we are taught that being rich  is the goal, but no one is taught that having a lot of money doesn’t always make you happy. Most people think that having a successful life is having a lot of money and living in a big house. I think that living a life of love and happiness is what success really is.

Recently, I visited the Dominican Republic and went to a few small villages and schools. I met many people who were not as fortunate as I am, and it impacted me in such a positive way. I gave a countless amount of children and mothers spare change.  I was yet to learn that the small amount of dimes and quarters, that meant nothing to me got them the meals that they depended on to live.

Happiness isn’t about having tons of money and the newest “iPhone” or name brand clothes. Happiness is being lucky enough to have food and clean drinking water and people that love and care about you. Happiness is looking around you and seeing the people who are able to make you laugh even on your worst days. I believe that if making people happy is as easy as making them feel good about themselves, or being able to make them laugh then everyone should be happy. I believe that being happy is something everyone is capable of. I believe that being happy is something everyone deserves in life.