Costume Contest Spreads Halloween Cheer Around CHS

Back to Article
Back to Article

Tatum Snover, Writer

For the past several years, Cranford High School has allowed students to show their creativity and their personalities through their Halloween costumes; winners in the annual Halloween contest receive prizes, but the real purpose behind the contest is celebrating the day!

It is something fun and something to make a long school day go by quicker and more excitement.

The categories for this year’s contest were Most Creative, Scariest, Funniest and Best Overall Group. I attempted to win Best Group with my three friends, as we dressed up as Girl Scouts! Unfortunately, we did not win, but we were happy to be involved in the contest and see everyone else’s creativity.

Mr. Leong, a judge of this contest was thrilled with the turnout for the event: “It’s really great to see some CHS students still have a little kid inside them to dress up for Halloween. Knowing there is some sort of prize or award for the STUCO Halloween Costume Contest brings out a bit of competitive spirit, provides incentive and rewards students for their efforts in getting dressed up. Each of the four categories allows them to show off their creativity, be the scariest, the funniest, or even a bunch of goofy friends together to be the best group with the best theme. It’s a great way to anticipate the school day and enjoy seeing all the various costumes in the hallways without thinking about school work and classes all the time. Congratulations to the contest winners and those who participated.”

Take a look at the gallery to see the contestants in the costume contest!