CHS Motivational Mural Project

Back to Article
Back to Article

CHS Motivational Mural Project

Julia Vaughn, Editor

Last Wednesday, November 7, students returned to school to only find a delightful surprise awaiting them. On the day off the 4th floor girls bathroom underwent a beautiful transformation. The project entitled “CHS motivational mural project” was created to decorate bathrooms with inspirational quotes so that students are exposed to motivational thoughts throughout their day.

Six quotes are currently in the bathroom, one on each side of the three stall doors. Some quotes including, “Your mistakes don’t define you”, “Be the change you want to see in the world”, and “Bloom where you’re planted” are all artistically painted with complimenting designs on the doors.

CHS history teacher Ms. Savino who organized the project jokingly stated that, “The first thing I learned is that you can’t paint over anti graffiti doors”. The project took a couple weeks to complete in the first bathroom. The volunteers are planning to decorate as many bathrooms in the school as possible, but as Ms. Savino who is leading the project stated, “It is a process that is going to take a lot longer than I anticipated, but we’re going to take our time to have a great result in the end.”

Lastly, I want to add that I hope everyone respects the hard work that the volunteers who are orchestrating this project are putting into it. They are helping make CHS an even better encouraging and welcoming home for us all. As the sign in the bathroom states “this is a product of love, respect, and encouragement for you (the students)! Please take good care of it!”