The Student News Site of Cranford High School

Dialogue

Dialogue

Dialogue

Polls

What kind of content do you want to see on Dialogue?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

AP Exams Are Next to Go Digital

With Advanced Placement (AP) testing coming up, students are certainly facing stress as they prepare for the grueling exams. This year, however, there is a complication that has created some debate and may add on to students’ stress: digital exams.

First introduced in 2023, digital exams will be offered on a much larger scale for the 2024 exams. Schools are now able to choose between digital and paper exams for Computer Science Principle, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, European History, Seminar, U.S. History, World History: Modern, and African American Studies. While some students may prefer a digital exam, others may feel unprepared or uncomfortable with this format. Because the decision of whether the exams will be on paper or online applies to an entire school, it is likely that a group of students will feel additional pressure either way. 

This development speaks to the broader trend of digitizing education, as the SAT just went digital this spring as well. Although this may be necessary to help students adjust to the technological age they live in, it may also represent a shift away from traditional artistic and academic practices.