The Student News Site of Cranford High School

Dialogue

Dialogue

Dialogue

Polls

What kind of content do you want to see on Dialogue?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Review: CHS’s Little Women

Cranford High School’s “Little Women,” directed by Mr. McQuade of the performing arts department, was showcased on November 3rd and 4th. Starring Olivia Ludlam as Jo March, Sasha Shectman as Amy March, Adrianna Pizzuta as Meg March, and Molly Sample as Beth March, the play is an adaptation of Louisa May Alcott’s 1869 novel under the same title, following the four March sisters learning to navigate life during the Civil War in 1860s Massachusetts. 

Ludlam did an excellent job embodying the complex character of Jo alongside her counterpart Laurie (Alec Schneller), her neighbor’s grandson whom she develops a complicated relationship with. Additionally, each March sister beautifully portrayed their character’s unique personalities and dreams, taking them straight off the pages and onto the stage. 

The costumes were visually stunning, thanks to Angela Sandoukas—an especially important factor since clothing is crucial to a period piece. Another visual aspect, the set, captured the cozy cabin of the March family adorned with old-timey furniture that appeared historically accurate to the time. 

Tackling important topics like the meaning of womanhood, enabled by impressive performances and just the right amount of humor, Cranford High School’s Little Women rightfully received a standing ovation on closing night.